888-341-9053 (Toll Free)
Mr. Malka is Rated "AV® Preeminent™" by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. This is an outstanding achievement and demonstrates that a lawyer has earned the highest rating available for their legal ability and professional ethics. Mr. Malka is also recognized as an expert in construction law and is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. This certification is the highest recognition of competence provided by the Florida Bar. He is also a Circuit Court Civil mediator certified by the Supreme Court of Florida.
Mr. Malka received his Juris Doctorate from the Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1997. Mr. Malka is a member of The Georgia Bar (1997, inactive) and The Florida Bar (2003). He is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
Prior to moving to Florida in 2003, Mr. Malka was a founding member of MALKA & TRAINOR, P.C., an Atlanta-based law firm where he primarily practiced his practice in the area of commercial litigation and construction law. Prior to establishing MALKA & KRAVITZ, P.A., Mr. Malka was a partner in the law firm formerly known as Leiby, Stearns, & Roberts, P.A., where he concentrated his practice exclusively on litigation of construction related matters.
At MALKA & KRAVITZ, P.A., Mr. Malka continues to focus his practice on matters related to construction law, including, litigation, arbitration and mediation of construction liens, payment and performance bond claims, construction defect claims and defense, as well as on construction contract preparation, review and negotiation.
Mr. Malka is a member of several construction related legal associations, including the Florida Bar Association (Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Construction Law Committee, and the Legislative Subcommittee ), and the Broward County Bar Association (Construction Law Committee). Mr. Malka is also a member of Associated Builders and Contractors, South Florida Chapter (ABC), a construction related trade organization. Mr. Malka also lectures on construction related topics to lawyers, law students, and contractors.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Construction Lien Claims and Defense
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims and Defense
- Construction Defect Claims and Defense
- Construction Contract, Preparation, Review and Negotiation
- Georgia, 1997
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1997
- Concordia University, Montreal, Concordia, Canada
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Construction Law Committee
- American Bar Association
- Construction Association of South Florida (CASF)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, South Florida Chapter (ABC)
- Associated General Contractors, South Florida Chapter (AGC)