Board-Certified In Construction Law By The Florida Bar
- Construction Law
- Construction Lien Claims and Defense
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims and Defense
- Construction Defect Claims and Defense
- Construction Contract, Preparation, Review and Negotiation
Mr. Malka is recognized as an expert in construction law and is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. This certification is the highest recognition of competence provided by the Florida Bar. Mr. Malka is Rated “AV® Preeminent™” by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. This is an outstanding achievement and recognizes that a lawyer has earned the highest rating available for their legal ability and professional ethics. He is also a Circuit Court Civil mediator certified by the Supreme Court of Florida.
Mr. Malka received his Juris Doctorate from the Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1997. Mr. Malka is a member of The Georgia Bar (1997, inactive) and The Florida Bar (2003). He is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to moving to Florida in 2003, Mr. Malka was a founding member of MALKA & TRAINOR, P.C., an Atlanta-based law firm where he primarily practiced his practice in the area of commercial litigation and construction law. Prior to establishing MALKA & KRAVITZ, P.A., in 2009, Mr. Malka was a partner in the law firm formerly known as Leiby, Stearns, & Roberts, P.A., where he concentrated his practice exclusively on litigation of construction related matters.
At MALKA & KRAVITZ, P.A., Mr. Malka continues to focus his practice on matters related to construction law, including, litigation, arbitration and mediation of construction liens, payment and performance bond claims, construction defect claims and defense, as well as on construction contract preparation, review and negotiation.
Mr. Malka has been a member of several construction related legal associations, including the Florida Bar Association (Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Construction Law Committee, and the Legislative Subcommittee), and the Broward County Bar Association (Construction Law Committee), Associated Builders and Contractors, South Florida Chapter (ABC). Mr. Malka also lectures on construction related topics to lawyers, law students, and contractors.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1997
- Concordia University, Montreal
- B.A. - 1992
- Georgia, 1997
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Construction by Florida Bar – 2008
- Circuit Civil Mediator, Certified by Florida Supreme Court – 2009
- Brookshire v. GP Const. of Palm Beach, Inc., 993 So.2d 179, 2008, Fla. 4th DCA
- Classical & Innovative Designs, Inc. v. Max S. Const., Inc., 208 So. 3d 763, 2016, Fla. 3d DCA
- Roof Depot USA, LLC v. Charles, 235 So. 3d 901, 2017, Fla. 4th DCA 2017
- AV® Preeminent™" Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- Best Lawyers in South Florida - U.S. News & World Report
- Top Tier Construction Law Firm -U.S. News & World Report
- Super Lawyers
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Construction Law Committee
- American Bar Association
- Construction Association of South Florida (CASF)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, South Florida Chapter (ABC)
- Associated General Contractors, South Florida Chapter (AGC)
- Broward County Bar Association- Construction Law Section, Chair, 2014 to 2014
- Broward County Bar Association- Construction Law Section, Co- Chair, 2020
Current Employment Position