Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Mr. Kravitz is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. He has received an "AV Preeminent" rating by Martindale-Hubbell by achieving the highest level of professional excellence rating available. He has also received a "Superb" rating by Avvo.com, the highest rating Avvo awards.
Mr. Kravitz received his Juris Doctorate Summa Cum Laude from Nova Southeastern University, where he was a member of the Law Review and Moot Court Honor Society. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Florida State University in 1992, as well as his Master of Science Degree in Psychology from Nova Southeastern University in 1997. Mr. Kravitz has been a resident of the South Florida area since 1978, and currently resides in Parkland with his wife Dawn, and their children Madyson and Braeden.
Mr. Kravitz is admitted to practice in all Florida state and federal courts, as well as the First and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Broward County Bar Association and its Construction Law Committee, the American Bar Association, and the Florida Bar Construction Law Committee.
Mr. Kravitz concentrates his practice primarily in commercial and construction law including litigation, arbitration, mediation and negotiation of construction matters including construction lien claims and defense, payment and performance bond claims and defense, bid protests, construction contract preparation and negotiation and construction defect claims and defense. He also has a wide array of experience in contract, tort, corporate, and Americans with Disabilities Act issues.
Mr. Kravitz is on the 2012 list of “Super Lawyers,” and can be found in the 2012 “Best Lawyers in Florida” publication, 2013 "Best Lawyers in America" and Martindale-Hubbell’s “Top Rated Lawyers” magazine for 2012 .
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Law
- Real Property
- Corporate Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Construction Law, Florida Bar, 2009
- Florida, 2002
- District of Columbia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society, Executive Board Member
- Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida
- M.S. - 1997
- Major: Mental Health
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. - 1992
- Major: Biology
- Sawyer v. Florida Development Associates, Ltd., 2007 WL 981743 , 2007, Fla. 3d DCA
- Lock Realty Corp. IV v. Regal General Contractors, Inc., 2006 WL 752830, 2006, M.D. Fla.
- Disabled Americans for Equal Access, Inc. v. Ferries Del Caribe, 405 F.3d 60, 2005, 1st Cir. Ct Appeal
- H&R Paving, Inc. v. Budget Construction Co., Inc., 925 So. 2d 324, 2005, Fla. 3d DCA
- Travelers Cas. & Ins. Co. of Am. v. Cmty. Asphalt Corp., 221 So. 3d 742, 743, 2017, Fla. 3d DCA
- Classical & Innovative Designs, Inc. v. Max S. Const., Inc.,, 208 So. 3d 763, 2016, Fla. 3rd DCA
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- AV - Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Top Tier Construction Law Firm -U.S. News & World Report
- Florida Bar, Member, Construction Law Committee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, Construction Law Committee, 2005 to 2009
- American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar, Member, Construction Law Committee, 2005 to 2009